Friday, December 26, 2008

Ooh, did I mention I'm addicted to RedBubble??

Hehe, I guess I've become so engrossed in RedBubble that I forgot to post on here about it!

I haven't uploaded much work yet due to scanner and storage issues. Namely, my scanner is being temperamental, and most of my old artwork is stored about an hour away from where I live... So I discovered a nice free program called 'GNU Image Manipulation Program' or GIMP. It's very cool, and I think I've got most of the basics understood now... So basically everything uploaded so far is something I've drawn while trying to figure out how to use GIMP!

Actually that's not 100% accurate, as the first thing I uploaded was a photo of a flower. It was the first time I've ever taken a photo of a flower in fact, which just shows how desperate I was to upload something on there so I could play around with the settings and see how it all worked!

I'm slowly getting better at working with GIMP, and my aim is to have enough work that I'm proud of on there to make a calendar for 2010. :)

Here's a slideshow of my work, and a link to my gallery.



I've ordered a few things from RedBubble and the quality really is fabulous. Well worth checking out if you're looking for a good 'print-on-demand' site that deals in t-shirts, greeting cards and wall art! :)

No comments: