Sunday, December 28, 2008

New Year's Resolutions...

I'm feeling inspired to do things today. I've half taken down the Christmas tree (I decided mid-way that I'm going to buy a new storage box to keep it in, so that's going to have to wait a little while), and generally started cleaning things up. I'll unpack the suitcases next I think...

Pity it's too hot now to clean the horses up. That's on the list for this afternoon. They're all very muddy right about now from the rain while we were away. It was good coming back and seeing them again, but now I have to get back into my campaign to find new homes for two of them... It sucks, but it's got to happen. I've got two perfectly good, rideable horses out there just hanging out doing nothing! If I was super-rich I'd keep them (and probably a heap of other ones too...) and pay someone to come and ride them or something, but unfortunately I have to get moving on my decision to free lease them out... or maybe even sell them if I'm feeling really brave... eep!

I've never sold a horse. I don't know how other people do it really... it has to happen one day though. There are so many good homes out there for horses, with people who will love them and take excellent care of them. I just have to stop being an anxious control freak and make myself let go :P

I bought a copy of Horse Deals to look through and see all the people who have horses. There are a lot of them! And there are definitely people out there who would make excellent homes for my two.

So it's going to be a new year's resolution. New homes for the horses!

No comments: